Marketing Department in the Belarusian State Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Lifestyle was created in February 2010 as a supporting structural unit. Its team consists of 4 employees: head of the department, I category marketing specialist, PR specialist and web server administrator.
Marketing Department activities can be divided into three blocks:
1. Information analysis
- conducting museum market research;
- analyzing current museum development trends and prospect of finding new exhibits;
- monitoring the competition;
- learning the competitive landscape;
- determining museum market capacity and its segmentation;
- conducting SWOT-analysis of various projects and promising development lines;
- finding target audience and understanding customer’s needs and wants;
- managing extra-budgetary income and etc.
2. Competitiveness improvement of the Belarusian State Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Lifestyle and positive image maintenance
- finding partners, establishing and directing partner relations (including support in holding cultural and educational events)
- cooperating with structural units of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Belarus.
3. Promotion of museum activities and services
- expanding information channels, including Mass Media (published media, television and radio);
- enlarging the range of souvenirs, printed materials about the museum and promotional products;
- creating a new version of the website www.etna.by and promoting it in the Internet and etc.;
The marketing department is a high-energy, multi-faceted working environment. Its activity is highly integrated with the activity of all structural units that exist in the Belarusian State Museum of Folk Architecture and Rural Lifestyle. Marketing research is conducted by creative enthusiasts holding the same views on general marketing strategy development. All in all success of the museum depends on the thoughtful marketing policy and well-organized staff.